The Sunlit Garden (白日庭, Hakubitei), also sometimes referred to as the Garden (庭, Niwa), is a facility owned by the Commission of Counter Ghoul. It is responsible for providing "talented" children with a special education, though it is not publicly disclosed what this means. The organizations V and the Washuu Clan are also involved in the Garden's management.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
The facility has not been shown, leaving many mysteries concerning its appearance or location. Flashbacks of the facility feature a field of flowers, though it is unknown whether this is literal or symbolic.
The children of the facility wear a simple uniform, consisting of a white high-collared shirt and black slacks. Other children, such as Rize and Furuta, are shown wearing white hospital robes.
True Purpose[edit | edit source]
The Sunlit Garden is a facility that breeds and raises half-human children, training them to become talented Ghoul Investigators upon their graduation or to join V. It also houses "bred" Ghouls such as Rize Kamishiro, used to preserve the pure-blooded Washuu bloodline.
Former Members[edit | edit source]
- Hairu Ihei † 
- Ching-Li Hsiao
- Kichimura Washuu †
- Kichimura Washuu's mother
- Kishou Arima †
- Rize Kamishiro's mother
- Kishou Arima's mother
- Shio Ihei †
- Suzu Sanzu
- Yusa Arima
- Rikai Souzu †
- Kaiko †
- Rize Kamishiro † (Defected)
- 2 unnamed members of Arima Squad
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- According to Koori Ui's complaints, individuals from the Garden are known for lacking a formal education.
- Kaiko once questioned the Garden's education upon Furuta's improper speech manner, but eventually changed his minds after the Washuu Clan Ambush Incident and during the Clown Siege.