Eve (イヴ, Ivu) is the fifty-second chapter of the manga Tokyo Ghoul:re.
- Kanae / Karren von Rosewald
- Haise Sasaki
- Kishou Arima (Flashback)
- Matsuri Washuu (Flashback)
- Karren von Rosewald's father (Flashback)
- Emma von Rosewald (Flashback)
- Nathanael von Rosewald (Flashback)
- Arunolt von Rosewald (Flashback)
- Matsumae (Flashback)
- Shuu Tsukiyama
While Haise Sasaki is being held over the skyscraper, Kanae von Rosewald tells him to be a happy memory for Shuu Tsukiyama before he dies. Haise begins to hallucinate his past encounter with Kishou Arima. As Haise was unable to stand anymore, Arima told him to kill just as he did, and asked Haise if he would like to die again. After kicking Kanae's head off, Haise comes back to his senses claiming that his body belongs to him. When Kanae starts to reattach his head, Haise starts to attack and counter Kanae's attacks while managing to pierce him through the chest.
When this is happening Kanae starts to remember the CCG's attack on her household. His father sends them away while he confronts the CCG. When making her escape, her mother collapsed and her brothers sacrificed themselves for her safety, as the CCG are relentless. When making it to the main family, Kanae was the lone survivor. She changed her name (choosing Kanae by combining the first letters of everyone in her family) and began living as a male to take the place of her two dead brothers. He remembers sparring with Matsumae, Kanae bent over in pain (possibly due to menstruation) and tried to ease Matsumae's concern by saying it was something that always happened. Afterwards, he is talking with Shuu about training (it is revealed that all the servants had known he was a girl and Shuu was the only one oblivious). Kanae remembers his torture and states that he wanted to be loved.
After throwing Kanae against a wall, Haise starts walking towards him while Shuu tries to hold him back. As Haise stands over Kanae, Eto appears and strikes Haise from behind.
- The title of the chapter, "Eve" when coupled with "Re," forms the word "reeve." This may be a reference to Eto's position in Aogiri Tree as one definition of reeve is "a person of high rank who serves the crown". In Eto's case, this would be the One-Eyed King.