In the anime, he was a doctor and made Yakumo Oomori (Yamori) his diagonal pliers, after seeing a patient, Yamori broke into his clinic and demanded he makes a copy of the diagonal pliers he broke while Hinami and Ryouko Fueguchi hid. After finishing his work on Yamori's diagonal pliers, the violent ghoul attacked him, sending him flying through the wall with a severe injury and right into the hands of Mado and Koutarou Amon. After Yamori escaped the investigators, Asaki attempted to fight them but was finished off by Mado.
Anime and Manga Differences
- In the anime, Asaki was still alive and working at his clinic where Yakumo Oomori came and asked him to make him news diagonal pliers since he lost his previous one due to Rize Kamishiro.
- In the manga, Asaki was killed prior to the Steel Beam Incident and was only left behind with a mask which was shown to be in Ryouko Fueguchi's possession.
- Powers and Abilities
Ghoul Physiology: Having been born as a ghoul, Asaki possessed great physical capabilities. Since Asaki protected his family for a majority of the time, it is thought that he had some power.
- Rinkaku Kagune: Its appearance was similar to a spine tied together. It was suited to high-speed combat and had a sharp cut.
- Asaki's surname Fueguchi means "whistle, flute, clarinet, pipe, whistle, bagpipe, piccolo" (笛) (fue) and "mouth, entrance" (口) (kuchi/guchi).
- In the Volume 3 omake, Asaki shared a cup of coffee with Ryouko Fueguchi in heaven.
- Asaki had two different hairstyles in the anime and manga:
- In the anime, he had his hair in a ponytail.
- In the manga, his hair was short.