Anteiku (あんていく, Anteiku) was a small neighborhood cafe in the Tokyo Ghoul series.
On the surface, the cafe appeared innocent, plain, and pleasant. However, at its heart, it was also an organization of ghouls of the 20th ward. It provided aid for ghouls in need, managed the feeding grounds of those in the 20th ward, and collected food for others by searching for the bodies of humans who committed suicide.
Anteiku had two floors and a basement. The ground floor was the cafe itself, where the customers entered and the coffee was brewed. There was a storage space along with a meeting room on the upper floor. The basement was a hidden floor underneath the ground floor where human meat was stored. There was also an entrance to the 24th ward here.
In the anime, the cafe's layout was depicted slightly differently by having the entrance, located on the ground floor, connected to the main area with a flight of stairs, leading to the upper floor, where the cafe itself was located. One of the upper floors also contained living quarters for some Anteiku members, including Touka Kirishima and Hinami Fueguchi.
Due to its influence, the 20th ward was considered docile in comparison to other wards and had been neglected by the CCG.
By tacit agreement, the ghouls refrained from hunting human customers of the cafe.
- Yoshimura - Manager
- Enji Koma - Waiter (Formerly)
- Kaya Irimi - Waitress (Formerly)
- Ken Kaneki - Part-time waiter, from Ch. 9 until Ch. 79 (Formerly)
- Nishiki Nishio - Waiter, from Ch. 47 (Formerly)
- Roma Hoito † - Waitress, from Ch. 84 (Formerly)
- Touka Kirishima - Part-time waitress (Formerly)
- Renji Yomo - Information gathering, body collection, previous waiter (Formerly)
- Hetare - Cockatiel, from Ch. 40 until Ch. 79
- Hinami Fueguchi - Resident in the upper floor (Anime only)
- Rio - Waiter (Game only)
Fate of Staff
- Yoshimura - Captured by Aogiri Tree, currently being used as the donor for Akihiro Kanou's experiments.
- Koma and Irimi - Escaped V14 and joined :re.
- Kaneki - Lived as Ghoul Investigator Haise Sasaki, as a result of amnesia. He has retained this identity after regaining his memories. Kaneki has then formed the organization he named Goat.
- Nishiki - Escaped the 20th ward, and has adopted the alias "Serpent." Associated with :re.
- Roma - Escaped the 20th ward, and continues acting as a member of the Clowns.
- Touka and Yomo - Escaped the 20th ward, and founded a new cafe, :re.
- Hetare - Unknown.
- At the end of the Tokyo Ghoul manga, it is mentioned that the meaning of Anteiku remains a mystery.
- In other language dubs it is often translated as a pun of "antique" because of their similar pronunciations and Yoshimura had stored a small antique coffee cup in a cupboard.
- Anteiku can also be written as "安定区" in kanji, which literally means "peaceful ward" or "harmony zone."
- Anteiku is an anagram of "Ukina Eto," both the wife and daughter of Yoshimura.