Anteiku (あんていく) was a small neighbourhood café in the Tokyo Ghoul series.
On the surface, the cafe appears innocent, plain, and pleasant. However, at its heart, it is also an organization of ghouls of the 20th Ward. It provides aid and food for ghouls in need, manages the feeding grounds of the ghouls in the 20th Ward, and collects food for ghouls by searching for the bodies of those who have committed suicide.
Anteiku has two floors and a "basement". The ground floor is the café itself, where the customers come through and the coffee is brewed. There is some storage space and a meeting room on the second floor. In the anime, the second floor also contains living quarters for some Anteiku members, including Touka Kirishima and Hinami Fueguchi. The "basement" is a hidden floor underneath the ground floor where meat is stored for the ghouls. There is also an entrance to the 24th Ward here.
Due to its influence, the 20th Ward is considered docile in comparison to other wards, and has been neglected by CCG.
By tacit agreement, the ghouls refrain from hunting human customers of the cafe.
During the 20th Ward One-Eyed Owl Battle, the cafe was destroyed and its remains were salvaged.
- yoshimura (manager) - formerly
- Enji Koma (waiter) - formerly
- Kaya Irimi (waitress) - formerly
- Ken Kaneki (part-time waiter from chapter 9) - formerly
- Nishiki Nishio (waiter, from chapter 47) - formerly
- Roma Hoito (waitress, from chapter 84) - formerly
- Touka Kirishima (part-time waitress) - formerly
- Renji Yomo (information gathering, body collection, previously waiter) - formerly
- Loser (cockatiel, from chapter 40) - formerly
- Hinami Fueguchi (anime only) - formerly
- At the end of the Tokyo Ghoul manga, it is mentioned that the meaning of Anteiku remains a mystery. It is often translated as a pun; 'antique', in other language dubs because of similarity in sounding and seemed like Yoshimura kept a small antique coffee cup in a cupboard. Anteiku can also be written as "安定区" in Kanji, which literally means "peaceful ward" or "harmony zone".
- Anteiku is an anagram of "Ukina Et," both the wife and daughter of Yoshimura.